Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Eagle hairs.

Did you know that eagles have hair? I never did till a few days ago.

I was taking pictures by St Paul Harbor when I noticed an eagle just sitting on the snow. As they often do, he turned his head completely around and looked at me.

Then he turned back to stare at the water...perhaps longing for the the sunner's salmon.

I continued to zoom in since I did not seem to be bothering him at all.

When I got home I loaded the pics to the computer and looked at a few.
It looked like there were hairs from the side of its face!

So I looked at a few more when he was turning his head back at me.
It sure looked like whiskers on his face. What do you think?
Around it's beak...aren't those hairs?



I wonder if they help him fly?

Anyway, when my cold fingers could no longer put him in focus,
I decided it was time to head towards home.

No comments: