Monday, July 26, 2010

The Lupins of Kodiak



With our 70 inches of rain yearly, we have lots of Summer flowers. And lupins (or lupines) are some of our most common ones.

I don't know what it is about them, but they add a little pizzazz to just about any scene. And they make otherwise seemingly sane people get on the ground and ask someone to take their picture.

Personally, I think sometimes it's good to slow down a little and just take a few pics of what's around you. It is very good for the blood pressure.

So, if your BP is up from all the problems of the world, take 2 minutes and see if you agree. Hope you don't mind the Hawaiian type music for Alaskan flowers.



PS On Google, I've seen the plural spelled lupins as well as lupines. So I chose the less popular one (just like Robert Frost took the road less travelled by)!

1 comment:

kh cashman said...

Thank you for sharing Kodiak with those of us who live off-island. Lovely video. I enjoy every visit to your site.